MDL-30811 forum: Update use of redirect to include message and type
[moodle.git] / mod / forum / tests / behat / discussion_subscriptions.feature
1 @mod @mod_forum
2 Feature: A user can control their own subscription preferences for a discussion
3   In order to receive notifications for things I am interested in
4   As a user
5   I need to choose my discussion subscriptions
7   Background:
8     Given the following "users" exist:
9       | username | firstname | lastname | email |
10       | student1 | Student   | One      | student.one@example.com |
11     And the following "courses" exist:
12       | fullname | shortname | category |
13       | Course 1 | C1 | 0 |
14     And the following "course enrolments" exist:
15       | user | course | role |
16       | student1 | C1 | student |
17     And I log in as "admin"
18     And I am on site homepage
19     And I follow "Course 1"
20     And I turn editing mode on
22   Scenario: An optional forum can have discussions subscribed to
23     Given I add a "Forum" to section "1" and I fill the form with:
24       | Forum name        | Test forum name |
25       | Forum type        | Standard forum for general use |
26       | Description       | Test forum description |
27       | Subscription mode | Optional subscription |
28     And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
29       | Subject | Test post subject one |
30       | Message | Test post message one |
31     And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
32       | Subject | Test post subject two |
33       | Message | Test post message two |
34     And I log out
35     When I log in as "student1"
36     And I follow "Course 1"
37     And I follow "Test forum name"
38     Then I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
39     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
40     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
41     And I click on "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
42     And I should see "Student One will be notified of new posts in 'Test post subject one' of 'Test forum name'"
43     And I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
44     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
45     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
46     And I click on "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
47     And I should see "Student One will NOT be notified of new posts in 'Test post subject one' of 'Test forum name'"
48     And I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
49     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
50     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
51     And I click on "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
52     And I should see "Student One will be notified of new posts in 'Test post subject one' of 'Test forum name'"
53     And I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
54     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
55     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
56     And I follow "Subscribe to this forum"
57     And I should see "Student One will be notified of new posts in 'Test forum name'"
58     And I should see "Unsubscribe from this forum"
59     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
60     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
61     And I follow "Unsubscribe from this forum"
62     And I should see "Student One will NOT be notified of new posts in 'Test forum name'"
63     And I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
64     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
65     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
67   Scenario: An automatic subscription forum can have discussions unsubscribed from
68     Given I add a "Forum" to section "1" and I fill the form with:
69       | Forum name        | Test forum name |
70       | Forum type        | Standard forum for general use |
71       | Description       | Test forum description |
72       | Subscription mode | Auto subscription |
73     And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
74       | Subject | Test post subject one |
75       | Message | Test post message one |
76     And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
77       | Subject | Test post subject two |
78       | Message | Test post message two |
79     And I log out
80     When I log in as "student1"
81     And I follow "Course 1"
82     And I follow "Test forum name"
83     Then I should see "Unsubscribe from this forum"
84     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
85     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
86     And I click on "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
87     And I should see "Student One will NOT be notified of new posts in 'Test post subject one' of 'Test forum name'"
88     And I should see "Unsubscribe from this forum"
89     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
90     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
91     And I click on "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
92     And I should see "Student One will be notified of new posts in 'Test post subject one' of 'Test forum name'"
93     And I should see "Unsubscribe from this forum"
94     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
95     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
96     And I click on "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
97     And I should see "Student One will NOT be notified of new posts in 'Test post subject one' of 'Test forum name'"
98     And I should see "Unsubscribe from this forum"
99     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
100     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
101     And I follow "Unsubscribe from this forum"
102     And I should see "Student One will NOT be notified of new posts in 'Test forum name'"
103     And I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
104     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
105     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
106     And I follow "Subscribe to this forum"
107     And I should see "Student One will be notified of new posts in 'Test forum name'"
108     And I should see "Unsubscribe from this forum"
109     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
110     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
112   Scenario: A user does not lose their preferences when a forum is switch from optional to automatic
113     Given I add a "Forum" to section "1" and I fill the form with:
114       | Forum name        | Test forum name |
115       | Forum type        | Standard forum for general use |
116       | Description       | Test forum description |
117       | Subscription mode | Optional subscription |
118     And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
119       | Subject | Test post subject one |
120       | Message | Test post message one |
121     And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
122       | Subject | Test post subject two |
123       | Message | Test post message two |
124     And I log out
125     And I log in as "student1"
126     And I follow "Course 1"
127     And I follow "Test forum name"
128     And I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
129     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
130     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
131     And I click on "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
132     And I should see "Student One will be notified of new posts in 'Test post subject one' of 'Test forum name'"
133     And I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
134     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
135     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
136     And I log out
137     And I log in as "admin"
138     And I am on site homepage
139     And I follow "Course 1"
140     And I follow "Test forum name"
141     And I click on "Edit settings" "link" in the "Administration" "block"
142     And I set the following fields to these values:
143       | Subscription mode | Auto subscription |
144     And I press "Save and return to course"
145     And I log out
146     And I log in as "student1"
147     And I follow "Course 1"
148     And I follow "Test forum name"
149     And I should see "Unsubscribe from this forum"
150     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
151     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
152     When I follow "Unsubscribe from this forum"
153     Then I should see "Student One will NOT be notified of new posts in 'Test forum name'"
154     And I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
155     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
156     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
158   Scenario: A user does not lose their preferences when a forum is switch from optional to automatic
159     Given I add a "Forum" to section "1" and I fill the form with:
160       | Forum name        | Test forum name |
161       | Forum type        | Standard forum for general use |
162       | Description       | Test forum description |
163       | Subscription mode | Optional subscription |
164     And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
165       | Subject | Test post subject one |
166       | Message | Test post message one |
167     And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
168       | Subject | Test post subject two |
169       | Message | Test post message two |
170     And I log out
171     And I log in as "student1"
172     And I follow "Course 1"
173     And I follow "Test forum name"
174     And I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
175     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
176     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
177     And I click on "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
178     And I should see "Student One will be notified of new posts in 'Test post subject one' of 'Test forum name'"
179     And I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
180     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
181     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
182     And I log out
183     And I log in as "admin"
184     And I am on site homepage
185     And I follow "Course 1"
186     And I follow "Test forum name"
187     And I click on "Edit settings" "link" in the "Administration" "block"
188     And I set the following fields to these values:
189       | Subscription mode | Auto subscription |
190     And I press "Save and return to course"
191     And I log out
192     And I log in as "student1"
193     And I follow "Course 1"
194     And I follow "Test forum name"
195     And I should see "Unsubscribe from this forum"
196     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
197     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
198     When I follow "Unsubscribe from this forum"
199     And I should see "Student One will NOT be notified of new posts in 'Test forum name'"
200     Then I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
201     And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
202     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
204   Scenario: An optional forum prompts a user to subscribe to a discussion when posting unless they have already chosen not to subscribe
205     Given I add a "Forum" to section "1" and I fill the form with:
206       | Forum name        | Test forum name |
207       | Forum type        | Standard forum for general use |
208       | Description       | Test forum description |
209       | Subscription mode | Optional subscription |
210     And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
211       | Subject | Test post subject one |
212       | Message | Test post message one |
213     And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
214       | Subject | Test post subject two |
215       | Message | Test post message two |
216     And I log out
217     When I log in as "student1"
218     And I follow "Course 1"
219     And I follow "Test forum name"
220     And I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
221     And I reply "Test post subject one" post from "Test forum name" forum with:
222       | Subject | Reply 1 to discussion 1 |
223       | Message | Discussion contents 1, second message |
224       | Discussion subscription | 1 |
225     And I reply "Test post subject two" post from "Test forum name" forum with:
226       | Subject | Reply 1 to discussion 1 |
227       | Message | Discussion contents 1, second message |
228       | Discussion subscription | 0 |
229     And I follow "Test forum name"
230     Then "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
231     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
232     And I follow "Test post subject one"
233     And I follow "Reply"
234     And the field "Discussion subscription" matches value "Send me notifications of new posts in this discussion"
235     And I follow "Test forum name"
236     And I follow "Test post subject two"
237     And I follow "Reply"
238     And the field "Discussion subscription" matches value "I don't want to be notified of new posts in this discussion"
240   Scenario: An automatic forum prompts a user to subscribe to a discussion when posting unless they have already chosen not to subscribe
241     Given I add a "Forum" to section "1" and I fill the form with:
242       | Forum name        | Test forum name |
243       | Forum type        | Standard forum for general use |
244       | Description       | Test forum description |
245       | Subscription mode | Auto subscription |
246     And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
247       | Subject | Test post subject one |
248       | Message | Test post message one |
249     And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
250       | Subject | Test post subject two |
251       | Message | Test post message two |
252     And I log out
253     When I log in as "student1"
254     And I follow "Course 1"
255     And I follow "Test forum name"
256     And I should see "Unsubscribe from this forum"
257     And I reply "Test post subject one" post from "Test forum name" forum with:
258       | Subject | Reply 1 to discussion 1 |
259       | Message | Discussion contents 1, second message |
260       | Discussion subscription | 1 |
261     And I reply "Test post subject two" post from "Test forum name" forum with:
262       | Subject | Reply 1 to discussion 1 |
263       | Message | Discussion contents 1, second message |
264       | Discussion subscription | 0 |
265     And I follow "Test forum name"
266     Then "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
267     And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should exist in the "Test post subject two" "table_row"
268     And I follow "Test post subject one"
269     And I follow "Reply"
270     And the field "Discussion subscription" matches value "Send me notifications of new posts in this discussion"
271     And I follow "Test forum name"
272     And I follow "Test post subject two"
273     And I follow "Reply"
274     And the field "Discussion subscription" matches value "I don't want to be notified of new posts in this discussion"
276  Scenario: A guest should not be able to subscribe to a discussion
277    Given I am on site homepage
278    And I add a "Forum" to section "1" and I fill the form with:
279      | Forum name        | Test forum name |
280      | Forum type        | Standard forum for general use |
281      | Description       | Test forum description |
282    And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
283      | Subject | Test post subject one |
284      | Message | Test post message one |
285    And I log out
286    When I log in as "guest"
287    And I follow "Test forum name"
288    Then "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should not exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
289    And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should not exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
290    And I follow "Test post subject one"
291    And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should not exist
292    And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should not exist
294  Scenario: A user who is not logged in should not be able to subscribe to a discussion
295    Given I am on site homepage
296    And I add a "Forum" to section "1" and I fill the form with:
297      | Forum name        | Test forum name |
298      | Forum type        | Standard forum for general use |
299      | Description       | Test forum description |
300    And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
301      | Subject | Test post subject one |
302      | Message | Test post message one |
303    And I log out
304    When I follow "Test forum name"
305    Then "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should not exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
306    And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should not exist in the "Test post subject one" "table_row"
307    And I follow "Test post subject one"
308    And "You are not subscribed to this discussion. Click to subscribe." "link" should not exist
309    And "You are subscribed to this discussion. Click to unsubscribe." "link" should not exist
311   Scenario: A user can toggle their subscription preferences when viewing a discussion
312     Given I add a "Forum" to section "1" and I fill the form with:
313       | Forum name        | Test forum name |
314       | Forum type        | Standard forum for general use |
315       | Description       | Test forum description |
316       | Subscription mode | Optional subscription |
317     And I add a new discussion to "Test forum name" forum with:
318       | Subject | Test post subject one |
319       | Message | Test post message one |
320     And I log out
321     And I log in as "student1"
322     And I follow "Course 1"
323     And I follow "Test forum name"
324     When I follow "Test post subject one"
325     Then I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
326     And I should see "Subscribe to this discussion"
327     And I follow "Subscribe to this forum"
328     And I should see "Student One will be notified of new posts in 'Test forum name'"
329     And I follow "Test post subject one"
330     And I should see "Unsubscribe from this forum"
331     And I should see "Unsubscribe from this discussion"
332     And I follow "Unsubscribe from this discussion"
333     And I should see "Student One will NOT be notified of new posts in 'Test post subject one' of 'Test forum name'"
334     And I follow "Test post subject one"
335     And I should see "Unsubscribe from this forum"
336     And I should see "Subscribe to this discussion"
337     And I follow "Unsubscribe from this forum"
338     And I should see "Student One will NOT be notified of new posts in 'Test forum name'"
339     And I follow "Test post subject one"
340     And I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
341     And I should see "Subscribe to this discussion"
342     And I follow "Subscribe to this discussion"
343     And I should see "Student One will be notified of new posts in 'Test post subject one' of 'Test forum name'"
344     And I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
345     And I should see "Unsubscribe from this discussion"
346     And I follow "Subscribe to this forum"
347     And I should see "Student One will be notified of new posts in 'Test forum name'"
348     And I follow "Test post subject one"
349     And I should see "Unsubscribe from this forum"
350     And I should see "Unsubscribe from this discussion"
351     And I follow "Unsubscribe from this forum"
352     And I should see "Student One will NOT be notified of new posts in 'Test forum name'"
353     And I follow "Test post subject one"
354     And I should see "Subscribe to this forum"
355     And I should see "Subscribe to this discussion"